Thursday, January 1, 2015

Recovery

The pirate attack shook me from my false sense of security.

Most of the damage to my systems seems to have been done by my own dumb-fire missile turrets, as they blindly tracked and fired at targets without paying any attention to any friendly structures in front of them.  Clearly my AI programming skills needed some serious work.

I set about rebuilding the damage as quickly as I could, and researched how to produce various systems besides my current dumb-fires.  Homing missiles with an increased firing range appealed to me, and I set about reconfiguring my turret design to accomodate.


After testing the new homing missile turrets on some remote destroyed turrets I outfit my shipyards and factory turret emplacements with them just in time for another wave of pirate fighters.  The homing missiles made short work of them, leaving several fighter husks drifting in space at some distance from the shipyard.

I used Taxi to retrieve them for reverse engineering, and before long I had 18 new fighter shells anchored near the shipyard, able to be studied and reclaimed at any time. All automatically shot down by my new turret systems.



I still didn't feel as though I had the fire power to attack the Gundabadt station safely, but at least it seems I was much better protected than I was before. I set about rebuilding Alannis's damaged systems and continuing her build.

No comments:

Post a Comment