Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Humble Beginning

My name is Dry Broez.

I am a freeman miner from Upsuli system, having recently bought my freedom for my descendants by honor-killing my former master and enslaver Haft Nexshrakt of the clan of Gundabadt.

Now my destiny is my own, and with it I have discovered the thrill and also the fear of unprotected freedom.

For now I tip-toe through space, and have set up a small processing plant within the protection and convenience of a Trading Guild shop that I discovered during my escape from Gundabadt station.

I mine nearby asteroids mostly consisting of Cinnibar, Lukrah, Sand, and some Fertikeen. This has earned me enough to build a small processing plant, a small mining craft fondly called "Speeder", a rapid-transit speeder craft called "Taxi", and a small radar-deceiving, lightly armoured battle-scout called "Gustav".  The processing plant has been fitted with a small basic armoured turret to bolster my defenses, but my proximity to the Trading Guild station as well as my secretive mining approach seems to have kept my operation safe from assault so far.

But I'm not content to be a mere miner hiding in the shadows.

I have dreams... ambitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment