Monday, December 29, 2014

Dry's First Shipyard

Inspired by the size and power of the NSS Versator, it was not long before I decided that my little armoured battle-scout Gustav and even the missile-turreted salvager SVG Speeder were laughably feeble in the grand scheme of things... I would need something much more powerful if I was going to be able to defend my patch of space and avoid being killed or taken back into servitude.

Ultimately I would want a huge well-defended station and also a carrier or dreadnaught to flagship my fleet, however for now I needed to become familiar with process of building (and flying) larger vessels.

I would need a shipyard to both protect as well as provide an anchor-point for my new vessels.

I began immediately by producing a metal mesh structure large enough to hold a frigate-sized vessel.


The shipyard includes a few decks and carefully spaced framework that will allow accurate measurements for all dimensions of the upcoming ships.

The decks will be used to contain tools and materials used in the build, as well as production modules to compliment the basic factory units located in the small production facility I have had for some time now.


No comments:

Post a Comment