Sunday, December 28, 2014

Derelict NSS Versator

While mining in a sector not far from my small poorly defended home base, Speeder's sensors picked up the signature of another vessel... My heart lept as I saw the size and power of it and its proximity, before I realized that it was just a derelict.  Good thing too, it was monstrous!


I decided to investigate, and approached the vessel.  It had some power still, but was mostly a decayed husk of a vessel, destroyed by years of exposure and neglect.

On approaching it, the size of the craft became ever more apparent.  It dwarfed the SVG Speeder, which I had previously considered a reasonably large vessel.  I halted Speeder and disembarked to investigate the derelict closer, and perhaps see if I could find a way into the ship.






The ship was riddled with blast damage, and I found one of these holes in the hull led into a small breached crew quarters, giving me access to one of the ship's internal passageways.


Labels inside the vessel identified it as the NSS Versator. The engine still thrummed somewhere off in the distance, but the derelict was clearly in a bad way.  Lights were spotty, tubes were smashed, debris scattered in every corner, most monitors dead, and an eery lack of activity made the entire place feel menacing.

I reactivated systems as I found them and was able, and moved about exploring the insides of the vessel.  It wasn't long before I discovered the bridge, a vast control room filled with three levels of banks of control consoles, a large open bay window, and a holographic representation of the entire NSS Versator.



Large open rooms of unknown purpose...


A grand mess hall with a majestic all round open view of space. Creepy and vast when I first discovered it, but with the mostly functioning lighting re-activated the grandeur of the NSS Versator began to become apparent to me...


From the deck docking bay, my view back along the derelict to the parked SVG Speeder gave me a real sense of size.  Speeder hovered above a part of the derelict about three quarters back from the bow towards the stern.


No comments:

Post a Comment